Friday, August 28, 2015

Kinsman Redeemer (Ruth 4)

This morning the Lord showed me a picture of a homeless woman holding tightly to her shopping cart, dressed in a shabby old coat eating a piece of dumpster pizza.

A rich man offered her a new coat, a banquet of food, and a home.

She was afraid and held tightly to her cart thinking; “What if he doesn’t give these things to me? If I give up my old coat and cart and he doesn’t do as he said, I will have nothing.”


I realized this is our condition. We are afraid to give up the rags we are holding as our security instead of receiving what Christ is freely offering.

The story of Boaz and Ruth is a beautiful picture of redemption.. Boaz was Ruth’s kinsman redeemer. He married Ruth, took her out of poverty, gave her a place of honor and in the process restored Naomi’s (Ruth's mother-in-law) generations to their rightful inheritance.

Jesus is our kinsman redeemer. Our covenant marriage restores our earthly and spiritual inheritance, not only for me, but also for my generations.

My Covenant Marriage to Christ restores my earthly and spiritual inheritance, and that of my entire family. Remember when the jailer asked, “What must I do to be saved?” Paul and Silas replied, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved—you and your household.” (Acts 16:31)

This promise of Salvation (Yeshua/Jesus, the Salvation of God) includes health, wealth, and restored relationship with our heavenly Father.

We see it again in 3 John 2, "Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in every way and [that your body] may keep well, even as [I know] your soul keeps well and prospers."


" Psalm 37:25) “I was young and now I’m old, but I have never seen the righteous forsaken, [and] have never seen their children begging for bread.”

Today I ate and drank of our New (Marriage) Covenant. It is the finished work of the cross and God hates divorce so He will never leave me or my family and He will never forsake us. Amen!

Blessings on your day!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment