Wednesday, August 12, 2015

“Enter His gates with thanksgiving…” Psalm 100:4


Preparing our table for communion includes preparing our hearts.


The first step is seeking the presence of the Lord according to Psalm 100:4 is to come with a thankful heart.


At first this seemed foreign to me. I had to ask the Holy Spirit for His help. Then I read James 1:17 (VOICE) “Every good gift bestowed, every perfect gift received comes to us from above, courtesy of the Father of lights. He is consistent. He won’t change His mind or play tricks in the shadows.”


As I meditate on the fact that every good thing in my life is a gift from my heavenly Father, I begin to count my blessings, as the old hymn says; the love of my family, home, provisions, sunshine, grass, trees, birds, fresh air, etc. Then, I remember the love that never ends and is freely given for this one, who felt like a failure, love that has healed a wounded soul, love that offers me eternal life. And it is all because Jesus went to the cross for you and me. He paid for my sin and yours. Our sins are considered  high treason against the Kingdom of God and deserves the punishment of death.


It only takes a moment to prepare my heart with thanksgiving for the presence of a Holy God.


Today I celebrate this holy time of communion with my beloved knowing that by His love and sacrifice on the cross, He is mine and I am His. Amen!



Blessings on your day!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment