Friday, September 18, 2015

Deuteronomy 28:13 “I will make you the head and not the tail…”

“The Lord will make you the head (leader) and not the tail (follower); and you will be above only, and you will not be beneath, if you listen and pay attention to the commandments (instructions) of the Lord your God, which I am commanding (giving) you today, to observe them carefully.”


Our instructions and provisions are given to us daily. This is our daily bread.


Early this morning I had a vision. There were many of us children and Jesus was in the middle of us. He was choosing children for His team.


Jesus looked at me and said, “I choose you.”


This thrilled me because I seemed to be the first one chosen to be on His team. He wanted me!


As a non-athletic child I was always the last to be chosen to play on the leader’s team, and then it was because I was the only one left and they had to choose me.


Being chosen last planted a curse-seed in my mind of not being wanted, not being good enough until this morning when I saw Jesus choosing me. I was His first choice, not even His second. Oh the joy I felt!


In God’s Kingdom there are no second-class citizens. Each of us is His first choice, not His second and certainly not His last. 


Since Jesus has become my Savior, I now say I am, “the head and not the tail; and I am above only, and I will not be beneath.”


This is made possible because Jesus has chosen me and I have chosen Him.


Jesus came to heal the broken-hearted. Every piece of my heart is precious to Him. Every piece of your heart is precious to Him.


Today I partake of communion with great joy that He has chosen me.


In John 14:6 Jesus answered [Thomas], “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”


Jesus  has chosen you. Will you choose Him?



Blessings on your day!


Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment