Wednesday, November 11, 2015

The Lord is my shepherd (Psalm 23)

This morning the Lord woke me to this Psalm encouraging me to read it in other translations. This one is from the Contemporary English Version. I encourage you to read it out loud.

“You, LORD (JESUS), are my shepherd. I will never be in need. You let me rest in fields of green grass. You lead me to streams of peaceful water, and you refresh my life.

You are true to Your name, and You lead me along the right paths. I may walk through valleys as dark as death, but I won’t be afraid. You are with me, and Your shepherd’s rod makes me feel safe.

You treat me to a feast, while my enemies watch. You honor me as your guest, and you fill my cup until it overflows. Your kindness and love will always be with me each day of my life, and I will live forever in Your house, Lord.

It is all about learning to put our total trust is Jesus knowing His ability and will is to take care of us.

Proverbs 3:5-6 (CEV) instructs us, “With all your heart you must trust the Lord and not (trust) your own judgment. Always allow Him to lead you and He will clear the road for you to follow.”

We have been taught, “If you want something done right, do it yourself.” When we do this we are trying to make ourselves our god.

To learn to trust God in every area of our life takes renewing our minds to God’s ways of doing things. We do this by following Matthew 6:33, more than anything else seek God and His presence first. Listen for His instruction. This is His righteousness. Then the other things will come to us when we do what He says no matter how strange it may sound.

Recently I was seeking Him on a matter I thought needed an immediate answer. He replied with, “Wait upon the Lord.” I had peace in Christ and I let it go. When and if I need to respond on this matter, I am trusting He will let me know and then I will act on it.

As you join in communion with Christ today, rejoice in His love and care. No matter what happens or how hopeless things may seem, allow Jesus to walk with you through your darkness or shadow that looks like death. It is only a shadow when Christ is with you. Amen!

Blessings on your day!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment