Tuesday, November 17, 2015

“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race” (2 Timothy 4:7)

Not too long ago we were in a spiritual battle for a house for our son. It seemed that at every turn there was a road block.

The Lord had brought us to this house and I knew it was the one we needed. I had prayed for this house for several years.

Through frustrations and road blocks we continued the battle. I spent as much time in prayer as working with the realtor and the bank. God walked us through each phase with victory at each step. It was a long hard battle for almost 6 months.

Then one morning I awoke to this verse “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race.” (2 Timothy 4:7) I knew the battle was over. Hallelujah!

“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. All that awaits me now is the crown of righteousness which the Lord, “the Righteous Judge,” will award to me on that Day — and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for him to appear. (2 Timothy 4:7-8 CJB)

Spiritual warfare is war. It can not be won in the natural. (2 Corinthians 10:4) “For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;”

You may ask, “Is vying for a house spiritual warfare?”

Yes. Any trials you face as a child of God is because the thief is trying to steal, kill, or destroy things in your life. (John 10:10)

So, how do we fight this battle? (Matthew 18:18 AMP) “I assure you and most solemnly say to you, whatever you bind [forbid, declare to be improper and unlawful] on earth shall have [already] been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose [permit, declare lawful] on earth shall have [already] been loosed in heaven.”

We do it by decreeing and declaring the word of God into our situation, just as Jesus did with the devil on the back side of the dessert. His word is powerful and sharper than a two-edged sword.

Stay focused on God’s word, His promises. Keep a watch over your mouth because life and death is in the power of your tongue. Praise Him in all things and worship God through it all.

In your time with the Lord today focus and meditate on His promises. Build up your faith in His Word. Commit whatever you are facing to God and ask Him to walk with you through it. He says He will and He can not lie.

Then praise and thank Him for His marvelous gifts, His promises which He gives without repentance. He never takes back His gifts. Amen!

Blessings on your day!

Karen






No comments:

Post a Comment