Monday, November 30, 2015

“Enter His gates with thanksgiving…” Psalm 100:4

“Enter His gates with thanksgiving…” Psalm 100:4


Preparing our table for communion includes preparing our hearts.


During this past Thanksgiving I became so busy with getting things together for a family Thanksgiving I did not take the time to prepare my heart. In so doing I noticed an emptiness after the crowd left. 

Not understanding what had happened I sought the Lord. In His mercy He reminded me that I had missed the whole idea of Thanksgiving, not only to be thankful, but to give thanks to God for all the many blessings He gives me each and every day.  I have since repented of this, and I pray I never forget to give thanks to God and others each day. It opens up the gates of heaven.

James 1:17 (VOICE) “Every good gift bestowed, every perfect gift received comes to us from above, courtesy of the Father of lights. He is consistent. He won’t change His mind or play tricks in the shadows.”


As I meditate on the fact that every good thing in my life is a gift from my heavenly Father, I begin to count my blessings, as the old hymn says, name them one by one - the love of my family, home, provisions, sunshine, grass, trees, birds, fresh air, etc. Then, I remember the love that never ends and is freely given to this one, who felt like a failure, love that has healed a wounded soul, love that offers me eternal life. And it is all because Jesus went to the cross for you and me. He paid for my sins and yours. We just have to ask Him into our lives and ask Him to forgive us.


It only takes a moment to prepare my heart with thanksgiving for the presence of a Holy God.


Today I celebrate this holy time of communion with my beloved knowing that by accepting His love and sacrifice on the cross, He is mine and I am His. Amen!


Blessings on your day!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment