Friday, January 15, 2016

“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...” (Psalm 23:4)



“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.” (Psalm 23:4 KJV)

I was meditating on the 23 Psalm one morning when the Lord began to show me a picture of a shadow puppet making all kinds of scary images on the wall. If I had not known the images were not real they could have been frightening.

The Lord told me these “shadows that looked like death” are being made by the devil making shadows to frighten us. The shadows can not harm us. Not only that, the 23 Psalm reveals to us that when we are walking with Christ, He protects us.

In John 14:16 Jesus designated the Holy Spirit to be our Parakletos, the One who will come along side of us. He is the One who pleads our cause before God. 
Just as Jesus became Emmanuel as He walked on the earth, His Spirit is Emmanuel, God with us that God sent at Pentecost and is forever with us

It is a good idea to get to know the Lord Jesus in the good times so that you know how to listen to Him during the dark times. He would like to talk with you each day.

Yield yourself to the Lord Jesus each and every day through prayer, listening for His still small voice and Bible study. Invite Him to come along side of you and guide every step.

If you are not used to listening for His leading you might need to calm your spirit and open your ears to hear His voice. Jesus tells us that His sheep know His voice and will follow no other. (John 10:27)

In Revelation 3:20 Jesus tells us, “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hears My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me.”

Jesus desires to fellowship with each of us daily. According to Revelation 3:20, we must open the door.

If this is the desire of your heart, I invite you to pray this prayer with me.

Dear Lord Jesus,

I invite You to come into my life and become the Lord of my life. I yield my spirit, soul and body to You to guide and direct me in the way I should go.

I open my ears to hear what the Spirit says and I commit myself to following the leadership of Your Spirit within me.

Thank You Jesus for answering my prayer. Amen!

Blessings on your day!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment