Wednesday, January 6, 2016

“Decree a thing and it shall come to pass.” (Job 22:18)

Have you made your New Years resolutions? I have found them to be a total waste of time because it is something we try to do in our own effort. Then fail.

However; when we delight ourselves in the Lord God Almighty, according to Job 22:28, we can declare a thing and it will be established!

“You will also declare a thing, and it will be established for you; so light will shine on your ways.” (NKJV)

So, in light of the Word of God, why not find scripture promises that meet your goals and decree them in the name of Jesus. He has promised to shine His light on the path to make it happen.

For example: If I need finances I will choose scriptures like Genesis 22:14 or Philippians 4:19 (NIV) which says, “And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of His glory in Christ Jesus.”  Or I may choose Proverbs 10:22 (NKJV) which promises, “The blessing of the Lord makes one rich, and He adds no sorrow with it.”

After finding these promises, then declare out loud each day something like: I declare that God will provide everything I need according to His riches in Glory. The Lord is my provider. He is my source. It does not matter what things look like in the natural, I am standing on the Word of God and He can’t lie. So I decree that my debt is paid in full by Jesus on the cross. I claim the promises of God in Christ Jesus because I am a blood-bought child of the Living God.

Proverbs 3:5-6 tells me to, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.”

Sometimes following God can seem like the most illogical thing ever. That is why He calls it faith.

What changes do you want to happen in your life this year? Is this a promise in the Word? If so, find it and decree it over your life in the mighty name of Jesus and it will be established according to His Word.

Spend time with the Lord each day seeking His direction for this path. This is communion. 

I heard Kenneth Copland once say to the Lord, “I am Yours to command. Sir!”

Give God full reign. Listen to His instructions and then obey Him no matter how strange it may sound. Amen!

Blessings on your day!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment