Wednesday, December 9, 2015

“If My people, who are called by My name…” (2 Chronicles 7:14)

Our country is in a crisis!

Do you consider yourself a Christian, a Jew, or a believer in Messiah, then Jehovah God is talking to you and me.

“If My people, who are called by My name, shall humble themselves, pray, seek, crave, and require of necessity My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.” (2 Chronicles 7:14 AMP)

Notice this scripture does not say if the heathen, unsaved, the wicked, unbelievers will turn to God, He will heal our land. He is talking to us. We have not walked in love and forgiveness. We have sat in judgment, held onto our self righteousness and thought much better of our selves than we ought. We allow unclean TV, media and music with wicked lyrics to blast over our airwaves.

The state of our country is a spiritual matter and only if we humble ourselves before God, will He heal our land. This is not something we can do ourselves.

I admit to having had trouble praying for our leaders. Most of the time I wanted to pray, “Lord, get them out of office! They are ruining our country.”

I speak for myself and many I know who have grown complacent in voting for someone who believes in the great God Jehovah and willing to stand up for the values that separate us from most other countries. 

We need to pray for leaders who are courageous enough to say, “No!" when something is wrong! And who are willing to walk the talk. The moral and religious values of our leaders matter greatly. One leads by conviction. We can lift our leaders before the throne of God and ask for their salvation, courage to stand firm on the word, and are willing live a life of integrity.  

Finally, we have to be willing to turn from our own wicked ways. Seek God with all of our heart because our very lives and nation depend on it.

This is not the most encouraging post, but if we will yield ourselves to God, the outcome can surpass all of our expectations, and light will overtake the darkness. For God is able to do far more than we can ask or even think. (Ephesians 3:20) Amen!

Blessings on your day!

Karen



No comments:

Post a Comment