Monday, December 7, 2015

“Behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son…” (Luke 1:31 KJV)

Sunday our pastor spoke on Luke 1:28-38, beginning with the angel instructing Mary to “Fear Not.” 

The angel proceeded to tell her in verse 31, “behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.”

Mary’s final words to the angel were, “be it unto me according to thy word.”

We’ve heard this story many times during Christmas. So as the pastor taught on this passage I was reminded of a word the Lord gave me several years ago.

He told me that we are called to become pregnant with His word. As we grow in the knowledge of Christ it is as if the Word is growing within our inner being, our womb. We conceive the presence of God within us.

Once the Word has come to fruition within us we are to birth or bring forth this Word into the world. This is the great commission found in Matthew 28:19-20.

Will you say with me, “Be it unto me as You have said?”

As we approach this Christmas season, I want to encourage you to meditate on the Word that became flesh and dwelt among us. Jesus still desires to dwell among us. As His followers, we are the carriers of His Word. 

Remember; Fear Not, He is with each of us.

Will you join me in birthing the Word, Jesus our Lord and Savior into the world taking Jesus each place we go, not only during this Christmas season, but through out our lives? Amen!

Blessings on your day!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment